- Parent Category: ISN Information
To increase accessibility to its educational events, ISN provides Travel Grants to its biennial World Congresses of Nephrology, the ISN Forefronts Symposia and the Nexus Symposia.
- ISN Travel Grants are reserved for ISN members in good standing.
- A portion of the Travel Grants are reserved specifically for physicians and scientists from developing countries.
- In several cases only physicians and scientists who are presenting accepted abstracts are awarded a Travel Grant (an accepted abstract is not a guarantee for a grant).
- Past ISN Fellows and selected individuals from Sister Renal Centers typically receive special consideration in order to ensure their continued education.
Please note that no individual has a right to more than three WCN Travel Grants (including ISN Fellows and participants in the Sister Renal Center Program)
There are approximately 80-100 Travel Grants available for each World Congress of Nephrology (WCN). Application information is made available on the ISN and Congress websites 4 to 5 months before the Congress dates.
A number of travel grants are awarded to scientists to attend each ISN Forefront Symposia. Applicants must have training and experience in an area of research relevant to the Forefronts topics. Additionally, adequate home institution infrastructure for the pursuit of approaches discussed at the symposia is required. Application information is made available on the Symposia websites 4 to 5 months before the meeting dates.
A number of travel grants are awarded to scientists to attend each ISN Nexus Symposia. Applicants must have training and experience in an area relevant to the symposium topics. Application information and requirements are made available on the Symposia website 8 to 12 months before the meeting dates.
Visit the ISN Calendar of Events regularly for the latest information.