Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to convert WMV to MOV on Mac

Harry Potttrer

Wednesday, 12 Jan 2011 09:54
UTC

Windows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video compression format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. The original video format, known as WMV, was originally designed for Internet streaming applications, as a competitor to RealVideo. The other formats, such as WMV Screen and WMV Image, cater for specialized content. Through standardization from the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), WMV 9 has gained adoption for physical-delivery formats such as HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.

Windows Media Video (WMV) is the most recognized video format within the WMV family. Usage of the term WMV often refers to the Microsoft Windows Media Video codec only. Its main competitors are MPEG-4 AVC, AVS, RealVideo, and MPEG-4 ASP.

However, I found many people want to know how to convert WMV to MOV on Mac as below.

Q1: How to convert WMV to MOV for Mac?
I want to convert WMV to MOV video so that to play on my PC for Mac with high quality, what can I do?

Q2: How do you convert .MOV to .WMV on a Mac?
Soo yeah, I need to convert a .MOV file to a .WMV file. But I’m not sure how to do this, Anytime i try to do it on Final Cut Express it just converts half of it, And all the converters do the same and put watermarks on the top! I can’t have a water mark on the top since the video im trying to convert is for a mep. So, How do I convert it? Please help!

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a WMV to MOV Converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the free trial and found it’s very easy to use, and can onvert WMV to MOV for QuickTime, iMovie on Mac easily and quickly. It can also convert WMV files to other popular video formats supported by iPod, iPhone, PSP, Apple TV, etc. Then I bought it without any hesitating. If you have the same problem with me, maybe you can try it. Learn the details about how to convert WMV to MOV on Mac! Hope to help you.

Scroll to Top