Free DVD Ripper: topic

Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to edit JVC MOD with iMovie (including iMovie 09)?

Harry Potttrer

Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 08:16
UTC

JVC MOD camcorders

2004: GZ-MC100 (SD), GZ-MC200 (SD)
2005: GZ-MG30 (HDD), GZ-MG70 (HDD)
2006: GZ-MG37 (HDD), GZ-MG77 (HDD), GZ-MG505 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
2007: GZ-MG130 (HDD), GZ-MG155 (HDD), GZ-MG175 (HDD, SD/SDHC card), GZ-MG255 (HDD), GZ-MG555 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
2008: GZ-MS100U (SD/SDHC card)
2008: GZ-MG7230 (30 GB HDD, MicroSD)
2009: GZ-MG630 (60 GB HDD, MicroSD), GZ-MG670 (80 GB HDD, MicroSD), GZ-MG680 (120 GB HDD, MicroSD)

However, I found many people want to know how to edit JVC MOD with iMovie as below.

Q1: I want to get .MOD movies from my JVC HDD cam to iMovie on Mac OsX. How?
But iMovie does not support .MOD movies so I wanna ask if I buy MPEG-2 package from apple online store, will it work or I have to buy something like DropDV or other converting programs to get it on iMovie? thank you and sorry for my english, hope you understood

Q2: I have a JVC Everio GZ-MG750 which records in .mod format. Would this work with iMovie ‘09?
I have a JVC Everio GZ-MG750 and it imports into my PC computer in .mod format. I want to upgrade my Mac so that I can edit the videos on iMovie. Would this work? I have to get the Leopard OS because I have the PowerPC chip, and I want to get iLife ‘09. Currently, I have the Tiger OS and iLife ‘05.

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a JVC Mod converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the free trial and found it’s very easy to use, and can convert JVC Everio Mod to iMovie formats MP4, MOV, DV, HDV etc. for Mac OS. Then I bought it without any hesitating. If you have the same problem with me, maybe you can try it. Learn the details about how to import JVC Mod to iMovie! Hope to help you.

If you are a Windows users and want to edit your video: Video Editor with Discount Prices and Coupon Codes. Video Editor: perfect for home video editing. Do it easily!. Get 24% off Procut Name. Regular Price: $39 Now only $29.64 (You save 24%)

Scroll to Top