Free DVD Ripper: topic

Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to edit JVC Everio TOD with iMovie ’09 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard?

Harry Potttrer

Monday, 14 Feb 2011 09:35
UTC

JVC TOD camcorders

2007: GZ-HD7 (HDD, SD/SDHC), GZ-HD3 (HDD, SD/SDHC)
March 2008: GZ-HD5 (HDD, MicroSD), GZ-HD6 (HDD, MicroSD)
June 2008: GZ-HD30, GZ-HD40 (HDD, MicroSD, capable of both TOD and AVCHD recording)

However, I found many people want to know how to import JVC Everio to iMovie 09 Mac as below.

Q1. How to import video from a JVC Everio camera into iMovie ‘09?
When I hook up the camera and select Playback on PC mode, rather than opening an import window in iMovie, an import window opens in iPhoto. When I launch iMovie, no import window appears (even though all the video tutorials ay that one should) and if I try to import from camera, it brings up a window for the built in camera rather than the Everio. Definitely not intuitive! How can I import my video? Thanks!

Q2. How to put videos on imovie from JVC Everio?
I can’t get them to load to my mac at all. I try putting them in a file but it doesn’t work. I have also tried downloading converter software, but the folders imported are strangely named and i can’t find my video to convert. PLEASE HELP

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a TOD to iMovie Converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the free trial and found it’s very easy to use, and can convert JVC Everio TOD to iMovie acceptable MOV, MP4, DV formats for Mac OS. Then I bought it without any hesitating. If you have the same problem with me, maybe you can try it. Learn the details about how to edit TOD JVC Everio with iMovie! Hope to help you.

Scroll to Top