Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to play or edit mpg videos on Mac

Harry Potttrer

Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011 08:41
UTC

In many forums, Mac users are discussing how to convert MPG movies to MOV files for playing MOV on QuickTime on Mac or edit with iMovie, Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro.

For example:
Q1: How do I make my mpg video clips on my mac to Mov video clips?
I am trying to make a video on imovie 09 but all of the clips I have from my camera cant be imported because they end in mpg and imovie only accepts mov. Is there any way for me to make my mpg video clips into mov clips?

Q2: How do you change a .mpg file to a .mov file in the Mac?
I recorded videos and they ended up as .mpg files. When I uploaded them to iMovie, there was no audio. Other files though (which are .mov), when uploaded to iMovie, have audio. How do I make my .mpg files have audio in iMovie? Because right now it’s only a video without sound

Q3: How do i convert mpg to mov on ?
i have a mac g5 and im trying to convert an mpg to mov but when i do there is a frame that freze’s 15 min in and stay there for 8 more mins as of yet i have been unable to fix this issue dose any body know of a way i could do this i have tryed a plug in for qwicktime and it dose nothing i cant see and export for vlc that will do it and i move or final cut dont seem to wor eather however any help would be wonderful

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a MPG to MOV Converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the free trial and found it’s very easy to use, and convert MPG movies to QuickTime MOV files on Mac for playing MOV movies on QuickTime on Mac or edit with iMovie, Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro. Then I bought it without any hesitating. If you have the same problem with me, maybe you can try it. Learn the details about how to convert MPG to QuickTime MOV on Mac! Hope to help you. If you like you also can choose video converter for Mac to do that for you.

Scroll to Top