Regional and Topical Committee Activities
The ISN Global Outreach (GO) Programs are made up of several regional and topical committees that form an integral part of ISNs capacity building endeavors. Please scroll down to view a summary of their roles and responsibilities.
To see the complete ISN GO Programs leadership roster, please download the document below.
The regional committees are represented in the areas listed below. To find out more information on their specific activities, please click on the committee of your interest.
Besides these committees, the Kidney Health in Disadvantaged Populations Committee aims to improve the health of disadvantaged communities, both in the developing and developed world, including ethnic and minority groups, that suffer disproportionately from kidney disease and its complications.
ISN GO Committee’s Roles and Responsibilities
ISN GO committee members must:
- Identify and recommend worthy initiatives and projects that are taking place in their region and/or on a particular topical field of interest eligible for ISN endorsement, programs or partnership.
- Offer advice and guidance on ISN GO Program activities in their region.
- Actively seek out and/or co-organize worthy CME meetings in their region.
- Be involved in official site visits and fact finding missions in their regions and set up contact with the national health authorities to meet with the ISN GO Programs delegation.
- Encourage applications for all global outreach programs.
- Actively promote new individual and joint society membership.
- Seek and implement collaboration with the National Societies of Nephrology in their region.
- Create awareness of current ISN activities and the Global Outreach Programs to promote and represent the ISN in an appropriate and up to date fashion.
- Whenever possible, follow up on Sister Renal Centers located in their region as well as on ISN Fellows who have returned to their home country. The Committee members are hereby asked to help ISN verify that the educational investments made by the Society are respected.
- Prepare short presentations during ISN Workshops or to recommend speakers.