Sister Renal Centers Program
Sister Renal Centers Program
- Parent Category: ISN Information
Building partnerships of excellence
The ISN Sister Renal Center (SRC) Program helps improve how nephrology is practiced in emerging countries by linking emerging renal centers or units with established centers of excellence in the developed world.
Over 6 years, they build long-lasting and stable partnerships between a center in the developing world and another in a developed country, training local staff in state-of-the art clinical practice. These links become active hubs for implementing disease-preventive strategies within specific regions. A Trio Program can also encourage sister centers to grow further and potentially support other centers in their region once they have graduated.
The SRC Program nurtures a partnership between two centers by supplying a framework and list of benefits depending on their status level (C, B or A) within the program. Successful centers which show documented accomplishments progress within the program acquiring greater support and more benefits.
Every level has a status
- Level C is the first stage within the program. Sister center partnerships jointly enter the program at Level C for a period of two years. They receive basic annual funds from ISN to help develop and support training links. These centers are eligible for an upgrade to a level B position if the progress reports are satisfactory.
- Level B is the second stage within the program. Sister center partnerships which have shown significant progress in Level C can move to Level B after two years and receive further funding and benefits.
- Level A is the final stage. Level B centers can apply competitively for an upgrade to Level A after two years. These upgrades are reserved for those few partnerships whose emerging sister centers show the most promising development towards centers of excellence in their region.
- Honorary C or B Levels are failed upgrades from C to B and from B to A which have one additional chance to apply for an upgrade.
CLICK HERE to download the SRC Leaflet providing detailed information about the program.
- Level C: 1,500 USD
- Level B: 12,000 USD
- Level A: 15,000 USD
The deadline for applications is on October 1st of each year.
You can apply to enter the program for the first time or request an upgrade to the next level. Only online applications are accepted using a designated registration form, which allows the main contact persons at both centers to access and fill out the application information.
- One center has to be in the developed world
- Both centers must be run/chaired by an ISN member
Other Useful Information
Sister Renal Center Program Committee
Chair: Paul Harden (UK)
Fatiu Arogundade (Nigeria)
Hong Zhang (China)
Lance Dworkin (USA)
Marcelo Orias (Argentina)
Peter Kerr (Australia)
Sanjib Sharma (Nepal)
Elena Zakharova (Russia)
- Next >>