Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to play AVCHD on QuickTime on Mac?

Harry Potttrer

Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 05:33
UTC

AVCHD recordings can be transferred to a computer by connecting the camcorder via the USB connection. Removable media like SDHC and Memory Stick cards or DVD discs can be read on a computer directly. Copying files from an AVCHD camcorder or from removable media can be performed faster than from a tape-based camcorder, because the transfer speed is not limited by real-time playback.

Just as editing DVCPRO HD and HDV video once demanded an expensive high-end computer; AVCHD editing software requires powerful machines. Compared to HDV, AVCHD requires 2-4x the processing power for real-time playback, placing a greater burden on the computer’s CPU and graphics card. Improvements in multi-core computing and graphics processor acceleration bring AVCHD playback to mainstream desktops and laptops.

However, I found many people want to know how to import AVCHD to QuickTime Mac like that.

How can I convert a video file to .MTS, AVCHD format?
I have an MPG 4 file that I want to convert to AVCHD format, so I can put it BACK on my camera (Canon Vixia HG20.) How can I convert this file to the AVCHD format? I could convert it from MPG4 to a variety of formats, including AVI, DivX, Xvid, QuickTime, Etc.

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me an AVCHD to QuickTime Mac which he tried very great. I download the free trial and found it’s very easy to use, and can convert AVCHD to QuickTime formats MOV. Thanks to its versatility, it can also deal with the conversion between video formats. Moreover, the output formats can be playable on various media players like iMovie, iTunes and portable devices such as iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune etc. Then I bought it without any hesitating. If you have the same problem with me, maybe you can try it. Learn the details about how to convert AVCHD to QuickTime! Hope to help you.

Scroll to Top